take too many photos

7 comments

Camera: wide lens SuperHeadz. Film: Redscale XR 50-200


What's that saying about life being too short so we should take too many photos? It's a good piece of advice, I guess. When you get that itching urge to document your surroundings, when there's that little detail that catches your eye that you know you won't come across again tomorrow, when something is happening right this very second and you want to remember it, go for it.

I think I've been developing a style that I can only describe as "quiet" (perhaps it's a reflection of my  personality, I don't know) - I like taking photos of wide empty spaces and tend to take a few seconds to slow down, and frame my photos just the way I like it. That being said, I'm thinking of trying something different and being more spontaneous. Action shots. People shots. Capturing more moments, more movements. It's always tricky with analogue photography, because you only get one go  - well 24 or 36 depending on your film roll, but you know what I mean - there's no delete button. Do you have a photography style? Do you like to take your time or go for a quick shot? Any tips on taking good action shots?

In related news, I just bought a new camera! I got the Lomo LC-A+!!!! EXCITED.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 little notes:

Luzmaría Alam said...

Your photos are pretty :O I got a Mini Diana, I am so exciting, my first lomo camera jee

April said...

Those are beautiful. Take too many photos! Love it! I had a disposable camera for a party the other day and the pictures turned out so well!

Rhianne said...

Yeay for taking too many photos :)

I'm still not sure what my style is as such, I even tried figuring it out for phto meditations but I havent been able to define it like you have and I think 'quiet' is perfect for you :)

Yeay for the LC-A+ I'm excited too!!

Unknown said...

I think if you work at something long enough you do tend do develop a style. Though I wouldn't be able to tell you what mine is. Your photographs look very nice.. Always nice to see bloggers sharing their own work. :)

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

As usual you have stunning pictures! x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

laura tj said...

omg lomo LC-A+ so exciting!! i don't know what my style is but i like taking pictures of objects more than portraits. i found it tricky to get capture the best angles and expressions when i'm taking pictures of people... i wish i could be better at it.

My Beautiful World said...

Another beautiful post my friend your photos are wonderful, so nice to catch up again. Sending you special wishes for a very Merry Christmas Day and look forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

Always Wendy