read, watch

16 comments
I went to the library today to picked up a reserved book (Finny, which is the current book for the Slow Readers book club), and somehow I ended up with more books and a stack of DVDs too. I got 2 Days in Paris, The Cat's Meow, and Fame (1980). Then when I stopped by Borders, I couldn't resist getting the latest Lula magazine (it was the only one left and was reduced to $14.95... It's usually double that price!). Ah, so much to read and watch, getting anything else done is going to be tricky this week!

What about you? What books or mags have you been reading? Any good movies/DVDs you can recommend too?


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 little notes:

Miki said...

Yay for Orwell and Lula! :D I didn't know the magazine was so expensive.

Right now, I'm reading "Globalization and its Discontents" by Joseph E. Stiglitz. I've been reading it forever, actually. It's very easy to read and interesting, but I need to pick up the habit of reading consistently.

As for good movies, well, they're not new, but I love "Garden State", "Happy-Go-Lucky", "Me and You and Everyone We Know" ;).

Hope you're having a great week! :D

Miki.

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading "Dancing Naked at the Edge of Dawn". It's a good book, makes you proud being a woman and find your own happiness

and now I'm reading Totto-chan's Children which makes me cry from the first page

I'm thinking about joining the Slow Readers book club because I'm on fire to read some books but I wonder where I'm gonna get the books that has been chosen

Kiyo said...

These look like great choices! I'd love to hear what you think of them.

I recently watched The Shawshank Redemption and Princess Mononoke and definitely recommend both. As for books, Kafka on the Shore is an all-time favorite :)

lauren, curious constellation said...

You lucky girl, tell us how they all are (:

Jenmarie said...

I didn't know you could get the Lula Magazine at Borders. I'll have to check that out!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Nice Finds!! I love my library!! I'm so happy I live right next to one! I'm reading "Eat Pray Love". Slowly but I will finish it! =)

Melanie's Randomness

Dagmarette Yen said...

Oooh how is the Cats Meow? I heard mixed things about it! I am reading The Bell Jar and LOVE it... it relates to me on so many levels. It is so interesting to read about that time period and how that book united women in the 60's.
www.thefinishing-school.com

Claggie said...

Roald Dahl <3

Jane Reggievia said...

wow you have so much things to read and watch, fantastic :D
i do read some books right now, a chinese psychology book, and one of shopaholic series (yes I do love this book, i've read this many times xD;). am looking for "Eat Pray Love" the movie but I don't have chance to buy the DVD.
Anyway, have a great days with your bunch of DVDs and books! :D

JANE FROM THE BLOG
http://janefromtheblog.blogspot.com

Hannah Sadie said...

I love trips to the library, it's my happy place! Unfortunately I've had to cut back because of all my university readings but I just picked up The Virgin Suicides to watch this weekend. I've also got Walden by Henry Thoreau and Sense & Sensibility waiting on my bedside table for when I get a break ;)

I envy you for the Lula magazine, there is nowhere to get it here!

Brad Fallon said...

Great finds.These look like nice choices!
Brad Fallon

drollgirl said...

ha! i have similar tendencies. books, mags, dvds -- they are all piling up around me! now if we could only buy more time to get to it all!

Natasha said...

I've only ever read Lula once but it was the prettiest magazine I've ever looked at. In regards to books, Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones is my favourite ever and I recently saw One Hour Photo and Harry Brown which were both really good, but both quite dark. xxx

Anonymous said...

hun this is old but you have to watch it if you haven't already: IL Postino. x

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

I almost always leave the library with more books and/or DVDs than I had planned for.

So, just this past week I finally checked out the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes stories. I've always wanted to read them, but my to-read list has always been miles upon miles long. Sometimes it's tough choosing a book to read when there are so many possibilities!

Courtney said...

need to go to the library. my "to-read" list is longer than anyone could ever imagine. but i am in the middle of Ship Breakers and still have 2 others on my nightstand. so many books to read.